Solar PV arrays provide power whenever the sun is shining. Designed properly, solar PV systems can ensure a steady and reliable power supply, even on cloudy days.
Solar has the potential to reduce your pumping energy bill and maintenance costs if any of the following apply:
- You already use electric pumps for irrigation and are grid-connected.
- You pump water to header tanks for stock or domestic use.
- You have the potential to load shift (e.g., use solar during the day to reduce total electricity demand and enable a more favorable tariff structure).
- You have substantial and efficient water storage (solar is ideal for transfer pumping tasks).
- You have a discrete daytime pumping task as part of your broader irrigation system suitable for a solar power solution.